It's here again, another birthday for my sweet boy. 5 years. It is hard to believe. It keeps flying by and he keeps insisting he is going to marry me when he's bigger. But he does promise to let Tom Hiddleston marry me, too. (Yet another reason to ADORE my child!)
So, with that, I bring you, his annual 20 Questions.
1. What is your favorite color? Orange
2. What is your favorite toy? My Cars
3. What is your favorite fruit? Melon and Cantaloupe
4. What is your favorite tv show? Turtle Man
5. What is favorite thing to eat for lunch? Turkey Sandwich
6. What is your favorite outfit? All of them!
7. What is your favorite game? Chicky Boom
8. What is your favorite snack? Pretzel Logs
9. What is your favorite animal? Baby turtles
10. What is favorite song? NY2LA by Press Play
11. What is favorite book? The Giving Tree by Shel Silverstein
12. Who is your best friend? All of them
13. What is your favorite cereal? Mommy's cereal
14. What is your favorite thing to do outside? Play
15. What is your favorite drink? Water
16. What is your favorite holiday? Birthday!
17. What do you like to take to bed with you at night? Nothing
18. What is your favorite thing to eat for breakfast? Waffles
19. What do you want for dinner on your birthday? Birthday cake
20. What do you want to be when you grow up? A train conductor
His answers are getting more in the range of "Duh, mom, don't you know?!" Talking to him is like talking to a miniature man and that is both hilarious and frustrating. He is no longer a baby but he is still a little boy. He still insists on hugs and curling up in my lap. (Thank goodness - I have to remind myself that this is a HUGE blessing, even when I am in the middle of typing & trying to get some work done.)
He is stubborn - like me.
He adores animals - like me.
He is a climber - like me.
He has a heart for adventure - like me.
He is a trouble boy - like me.
I thought that when I learned I was having a boy and not a girl that maybe, just MAYBE God was granting me a reprieve. HAHAHA! Nope, he was just giving me a mini-me in boy form. Such a funny sense of humor that God has! ☺
He makes me laugh and he frustrates the crap out of me. He makes me so mad sometimes but often it is to the point that I can't help but crack a smile. Sometimes I think I am the absolute worst parent ever. Then he hugs me for no reason and tells me he loves me.
When I am upset and crying, and especially when I try to hide it from him, he knows. And he always tries to comfort me. His heart is amazingly sweet. I don't know what I would do without him. I really do love him to the moon and back.
He is 5 years old and even when he is 50, he will always be my little boy. I pray that no matter what, he knows that I have tried my best. I pray that he knows that I may not have always gotten it right but I through it all, I loved him with all that I had.
Happy 5th birthday, baby....
Counting it all joy,